Friends, family… I did it.
I finally mastered an iced matcha latte that takes less than 5 minutes to make! It’s quick, it’s vegan, it’s healthy, and oh yeah, it’s delicious!
I’ve been on a matcha kick for quite some time now. I replaced my morning cup of coffee with matcha because of all the health benefits of matcha and in the midst of summer, I felt like I needed a change in my morning routine.
I originally tried making a hot matcha latte, but the matcha comes out a little too strong for my liking when I leave it hot.
Also, with the summertime heat, I kind of dread drinking anything hot anymore which is what prompted me to find a chilled replacement that could fill the shoes (or mug) of my beloved morning cup of joe.
And fill the shoes (or mug, I don’t know), it did!
I’ve been drinking this latte for the past few days and I adore it. It’s refreshing and gives me that extra pep I’ve been missing since I gave up coffee.
Along with this standard recipe, I’ve also thought of additional ways to make it more nutritious, filling, and energizing which I’ve included after the recipe!
To make this iced matcha latte, all you need is a handful of ingredients and utensils that you probably already have on hand.
- A jar (mason jar or regular clean tomato sauce jar)
- Matcha powder
- Hot water
- Milk of choice (I either use cow’s milk or protein almond & cashew milk)
- 2 tsp matcha
- 2 Tbl boiling water
- 12-16 oz of milk (more or less depending on how much you want to drink)
- 2+ tsp of honey (more or less depending on your taste preference)
- A handful of ice
- Boil some water. Measure out 2 tsp of matcha and add it to your jar. Add 2 Tbl of boiling water. Twist the lid tightly onto the jar and shake the matcha and water until the matcha dissolves and there are no large clumps.
- While your water is still hot/warm, add your honey. You want to add your honey or syrup sweetener before you add your cold milk. If you add the honey when you add the milk, your honey will just stick to the bottom of the jar.
- Shake vigorously to dissolve the honey.
- Next, add your milk. Close the lid and shake it, swirl it, whirl it, wine it, dine it, whoo it… make sure it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Last, add your ice. Give it one last swirl to make sure your ice is coated and well-adjusted in your matcha latte.
This is an easy, cheap, and fast way to integrate matcha into your diet. If you picked up some matcha and are looking for ways to use it, give this a go. It makes a delicious and nutritious morning drink, but you can enjoy it any time of day!
If you’re looking to make it more healthy, think of adding a scoop or two of unflavored or vanilla-flavored protein powder to get your macros in first thing in the morning. (I use the Orgain protein powder which is delish and blends seamlessly.)
You could also add psyllium husk for additional fiber or probiotic powder for added gut benefits.
Give this a try and tell me how it goes! I hope you enjoy!